Fire Explorer post #400
Somerset Fire Explorer Post # 400.
Post # 400 is a division of the Boy Scouts of America and is hosted by the Somerset Fire Department.
The post was originally formed under the Ambulance Service but was inactive for a while. After the merging with the Ambulance Service and unmerging with the EMS, the post is now active and has 14 Explorers and 9 Advisors.
- Must be between 14 (and completed the 8th grade) to 21 years of age.
- Must have a 2.0 or above GPA with satisfactory grades and no failing courses for the year
- Fill out proper applications and forms
- Have parent Guardian signature if under 18 years of age
- Must have current physical exam
- Must have hepatitis B vaccine or a sign a waiver form
- Pay the annual fee
- Each member shall be required to attend annually 50% of meeting and 50% of work detail fundraiser's
What can becoming an Explorer do for me?
The purpose of the Explorer program is to provide young adults with the opportunity to experience first hand knowledge that will assist you in one of the most important decisions in your life, A CAREER CHOICE.
Explorers learn leadership skills, how to make good decisions, how to work together, how to solve problems and much more. If you have ever thought about becoming a Firefighter or Medic this program is for you.
Are you Interested?
If you are interested in becoming a Somerset Fire/EMS Explorer please read the qualifications on the back and fill out the information and someone will get in touch with you. If you know someone who may be interested please let them know.
For more information, contact:
Lt. Jerry Sutherland at:
121 South Central Ave
Somerset, Kentucky 42501