Junior Firefighter Program
Somerset Junior Firefighter Program
- Must be between 14 (and completed the 7th grade) to 18 years of age.
- Must have a 2.0 or above GPA with satisfactory grades and no failing courses for the year
- Fill out proper applications and forms
- Must have parent Guardian signature
- Must have current physical exam
- Each member shall be required to attend annually 50% of meeting and 50% of work detail fundraiser's
What can becoming an Junior Firefighter do for me?
The purpose of the Junior Firefighter Program is to provide young adults with the opportunity to experience first hand knowledge that will assist you in one of the most important decisions in your life, A CAREER CHOICE.
Junior Firefighters learn leadership skills, how to make good decisions, how to work together, how to solve problems and much more. If you have ever thought about becoming a Firefighter or Medic this program is for you.
Are you Interested?
If you are interested in becoming a Somerset Junior Firefighter please read the qualifications and fill out the information and someone will get in touch with you. If you know someone who may be interested please let them know.
For more information, contact:
Lt. Coby Dykes at:
121 South Central Ave
Somerset, Kentucky 42501