- This event has passed.
City Council Meeting
October 25 @ 6:00 pm
Somerset City Council will meet in regular session at 6 p.m. Monday, Oct. 25, in the Energy Center Council Chambers, 306 E. Mt. Vernon St., Somerset. Everyone is welcome.
The website copy is for general information only. In the event of a conflict between this copy and the actual agenda provided to the media and city council members, the mailed copy shall prevail.
1. Call to Order
2. Pledge of Allegiance
3. Moment of Silence
4. Roll Call
5. Minutes of last meeting
6. Citizens Comments
7. 1st Reading/Annexation E Hwy 80 to former Blackboard buildings (see maps, ordinances to be provided Monday)
8. Consideration and motion sought by the City Attorney to rescind the Council’s action taken at its regular meeting held on September 27, 2021 concerning Second Reading of Ordinance 21-25 concerning zone change from R-1 to R-3 for property located at 1156 Highway 39. (The reason being that the City Council went against the recommendation of the zoning board without developing its own record or holding its own hearing consistent with the due process requirement imposed by City of Louisville v. McDonald, 470 S.W.2d 173 and its following cases.)
Suggested further actions to conform with “McDonald”:
October 25, 2021 – First reading of Ordinance 21-25 concerning zone change from R-1 to R-3 for property located at 1156 Highway 39.
November 8th, 2021 – City Council to reconsider the recommendation of the zoning map amendment for the property at 1156 Hwy 39. Arguments only may be presented following the first reading of the above Ordinance with no new evidence to be considered by the City Council that was not presented at the public hearing concerning this proposed zone change that held before the Planning and Zoning Commission on September 7, 2021. The City Council will make its decision on the recommendation by motion and vote after the second reading of the above Ordinance, based upon the City Council’s review of the record developed at the Planning and Zoning Commission’s hearing on September 7th. No argument or comment from the public will occur after the second reading of the above Ordinance.
9. City Tax Refund – Norma J. Powell & Terry Hail
10. City Tax Refund – Jill & David Meece
11. City Tax Refund – Franklin & Victoria Peters
12. City Tax Refund – Gloria Reyer
13. City Tax Refund – Christopher Romero
14. Council Comments